WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!
Hello friends! My name is Ben Wehrman, and this is my first blog post. To get everyone caught up on who I am, here is an overly-brief summary of my life in 6 dots:
- Born in Portland, OR, raised in Coupeville, WA.
- Backpacked Europe for the first time at 16. Did it again at 18. Instantly became hooked on getting lost in strange places.
- Studied at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. Majored in Communications & Marketing.
- Got my first camera as a college graduation present for myself in 2017.
- Worked as a door-to-door salesman in the solar power industry for 1 year.
- Loved the job, but eventually got bored. Took off on an adventure to Australia to focus on photography, digital marketing, and building passive income. While there, built this website!
That’s the gist of the backstory! Now let’s get down to business:
Today is a very big day for me, because I’m embarking on a completely new journey: BLOGGING!
For years, I wasn’t sure if blogging was for me. It felt conceited in a way, just talking about myself on the internet.
But, in time, I realized there was far more to it than that.
The world needs more realness. More people giving their true thoughts on topics that matter, without any conflicts of interest or borders to the imagination.
I don’t plan on following any sort of theme in this blog. I want to shake things up, and talk about whatever the hell is on my mind.
I can’t wait to share, storytell, and inspire as many people as possible to embrace their weirder side, take more crazy risks, and do less dreaming, more doing.
In other words, I hope that by being more transparent about my life, I can grow personally, and motivate you to do the same! (Plus, from a self-improvement standpoint, I’ve never been the greatest writer . . . so this blog will be the perfect way for me to practice these skills).
LET’S DO THIS!